Pages

Monday 29 August 2011

Baking My Way: Pillsbury Whole Wheat Zucchini Cookies


I had a zucchini in the fridge that needed to be used, it was on it's last day so I looked up a recipe with zucchini (surprised that there even was on in the book!) and got to work.


I wasn't too sure how they would turn out but they taste amazing! They are super moist, and not too whole wheaty, which is was good. I wanted healthy but I still wanted them to taste like a dessert. It's a nice change from the usual chocolate chip cookie!

I give these a 4 (1 being "I'll never bake them again" and 5 being "They are now one of my favorites")

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
2 cups shredded zucchini, drained
1(12-oz.) pkg. (2 cups) miniature chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add lemon peel, vanilla and eggs; blend well. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.

Bake at 350°F. for 9 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...